DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

John 17 - Hanjun

Verse 15, "My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one." As Jesus' disciple, I realize that the purpose that I live in the world is to show God's love to the people in my life (family, workplace, friends, etc.) and introduce Jesus to them. At the same time, I need God's love and protection to fulfill the purpose.

Verse 16-17, "They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." We belong to God, not the world. As long as we follow God, we can be sanctified, and the world cannot overcome us. 

Thank you Lord Jesus for praying for your disciples and believers! Please help me to fulfill the purpose in my life. Remind me that I belong to your kingdom not the world, and remind me not to show off the superiority of my belonging to the unbelievers, but love them and introduce you to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment