DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Hebrews 4 - Randy

Verse 16: Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
I the proceeding verse we have "let us hold firmly to the faith we profess"
Its interesting isn't it- this is quite the promise, yet I, for one, seem to not be willing to go this far with "the faith we profess". 
I know that now, in my own life, I need to "receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need". Its all a matter of faith, faith that trusts God to be who he says he is and to fulfill his promises.  But, I must trust, be wiling to step out into the unknown, maybe better yet, step out without "me" controlling he situation.  Its funny, why would I trust myself over trusting God- to be fair, I'm the one who created this mess to begin with,
Sometimes we just need to read God's word and let it sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment