DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Hebrews Chapters 1-3 Debbie

I've read.

In Chapter 2:10 ...should make the "founder" of their salvation "perfect through suffering".    It makes me think that  if my savior was made perfect through suffering then if I respond right to suffering then he will make me into the person He wants me to be.


2:17 "...so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.  Propitiation - turning away God's wrath.  Thank you Jesus for providing a way out.

vs. 18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.


Heb. 3:6  ..but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son.  And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our

confidence and our boasting in our hope.    Holding fast our confidence spoke to me.  Vs. 7-19 spoke to me about not becoming hard hearted, or having an unbelieving heart, leading me to fall away from the living God.   And the warning at the end of the chapter, So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.  It makes me want to check myself and guard myself against unbelief or get hard towards God.

No comments:

Post a Comment