DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

1 Corinthians 3- Hanjun

Verses 1-3, "Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly - mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?"
I was touched when I read these verses. God spoke to me that I am still not ready for the solid food, an infant in Christ, and worldly, because I still like to compare with others, and judge the people sometimes. 
God would not answer my prayer requests immediately, and I think it is because God wants to discipline me with patience, trust, and a loving heart for him and the people in my life. These words make me feel that I need to be humble and continue to follow God, get disciplined, and grow in him by denying myself and giving him thanksgiving. Thank you, God!


No comments:

Post a Comment