DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Galatians chapter 2 - nathanael

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
Galatians 2:20‭-‬21 NIV
http://bible.com/111/gal.2.20-21.NIV

Paul recognized that the only way to live a righteous life is by the power of Christ Jesus in him. We cannot fulfill God's law on our own but only Christ can and did and now we die to our selves and follow Jesus our lord and master. His righteousness is credited to us and then his Spirit begins to change us from within, sanctifying and purifying our hearts and lives so that we begin to reflect Jesus's righteousness in our lives and  then continually grow in that righteousness and change by the power and working of his Spirit.

Thank you Lord Jesus for you gift to us and for your love that changes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment