DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, July 22, 2016

1 Corinthians 4 - Nathanael

Verse 4 -  My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

An interesting comment that demonstrates that our conscience is not fallible.  This is clearly seen in our lives as many times we think that we are doing everything correctly but then God shows us an area of wrongdoing and we are convicted of the sin, though we were previously unaware.  

The older I get the more I realize that I am a sinner in need of God's grace each day!  Thank you Jesus for your love and mercy! 

Verse 7 - What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

A good reminder that we need to be humble.  Pride is a sin and it demonstrates that we don't know who we are, were we came from and how we received what we have.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for all that you have provided!  I do not deserve your grace or love, but I thank you for your goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment