DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Acts chapter 26 - nathanael

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"  Paul replied, "Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."
Acts 26:28‭-‬29 NIV
http://bible.com/111/act.26.28-29.NIV

Agrippa recognized that what Paul was saying was true. He threw up a defensive wall though and chose not to listen.

Many times when God is speaking to us, perhaps more when another person is bringing the message, we give excuses why we shouldn't listen and change. By them we justify our inaction as OK, even though it is the sin of rebellion - choosing to go our own way.

Lord Jesus, make my heart soft and help me to listen to your voice and obey, especially when you are speaking through another person!

No comments:

Post a Comment