DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Genesis 22 - Hanjun

When I read this chapter that Abraham obeyed God to sacrifice his only son, Issac, as a burnt offering, I am wondering did Issac at that young age really understand his father's faith in God? If he did not, he probably would feel hurt for his dad's intention and behavior; if he did, he would forgive his dad. It turned out that Issac later also trusted in God, so I believe at least with the age grows, Issac completely understood his dad's faith in God . And Abraham is an great example of having faith in God to his son, and this influenced deeply on Issac. It's hard for Abraham to make the choice to obey God at that moment, and he probably didn't understand fully why God wanted him to sacrifice his son. 

Dear heavenly Father, even though I cannot fully understand about everything you arrange in my life, and I cannot change them by myself. But I choose to trust in you and I believe your plan is the best for me and the people in my life. I thank you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment