DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, September 2, 2017

2 Corinthians 10 and 11 - Jason

"Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Cor. 10:17-18.
I want to continue to boast in the Lord more because of what He has done for me. He has given me a whole new life, and taken away much of my fears and shame about my past failures and wrongdoing. He has helped me to have work and income to get out of debt and provide for my family. He has given me opportunity to be educated and have a job where I can work with young people and be a positive influence on others. I'm so grateful for the opportunities that God has given to me!

Such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
I want to be careful to test the things that I see and hear from other people to know if they are from God. I also want to test the things I hear to see if they are from God. I'm sure that I am capable of being deceived, so I want to test and approve what comes from God and reject what comes from Satan, because he may be pretending to be God or be from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment