DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

2 Corinthians 12 - Nathanael

was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 
2 Corinthians 12:4
God likely showed such things to Paul to enable him to endure the difficulties he would face. 

or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 
2 Corinthians 12:7-8
The thirty I  his flesh seems to be more related to the persecutions he faced based on the context. It is interesting that he asked God to remove them three times. That means God said no and he still asked again. 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9
God's power is demonstrated when things are done that we cannot accomplish in our weakness. 

I persevered in demonstrating among you the marks of a true apostle, including signs, wonders and miracles. 
2 Corinthians 12:12
 signs, wonders and miracles are true sigma of am apostle. 

Now I am ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you, because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.
2 Corinthians 12:‬14 NIV
Parents are to be spent for and save up for their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment