DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Galatians 4 and 5 - Jason

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? Galatians 4:8-9.
I know that while I was growing up my parents taught me about God, but I did not begin a personal relationship with God where I understood the way that he wanted me to live until I was 20 years old. Since that time I have been working and praying and coming out from the things in the world that are sinful, and I continually battle in my spirit to surrender to God and stay free from these worldly ways of thinking and acting. It is a spiritual battle, and Paul is urging the followers of Christ not to go back.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23.
Paul describes a list of attitudes and ways of thinking and acting that God is calling is to do. There is no law against thinking or acting in these ways, and I should filter all of my thoughts and actions through this one to make sure that I am not falling away from what God is leading me to do. I want to serve you Lord, and become more and more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment