DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Luke Chapter 18 - Hanjun

The parable of the persistent widow tells me that if the widow gave up coming to the judge to ask for justice, she probably would not get justice. Similarly, if we gave up praying to God for what we need, God would not answer our requests. 

The parable of the Pharisee and tax collector tells me that fasting twice a week and giving offerings are good behaviors, but more importantly, God wants to see our hearts and attitude.

I also like Jesus’ words in verse 17, "Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” No matter how old I am or how much knowledge or experience I have, I am like a little child in God's view. 


No comments:

Post a Comment