DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

John 13 - Nathanael

Peter asked, "Lord, why can't I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you."  Then Jesus answered, "Will you really lay down your life for me? Very truly I tell you, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times!
John 13:37‭-‬38 NIV
http://bible.com/111/jhn.13.37-38.NIV

We often think that our faith is stronger than it really is and that our internal strength to do right is stronger than it really is. We are only tested in adversity and only then see what is really inside. We see that sin and fear is lurking and that our only hope is our savior Jesus Christ!

Lord show us our weakness and sinfulness so we will seek you more completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment