DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, November 21, 2016

John 14 - Randy

Verse 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.7If you really know me, you will knowmy Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
Its pretty simple isn't it,  there is only one way, so its not like we have to navigate a complex map with many routes to our destination.  But, we (at least I am guilty of this) want an alternative path, why can can't we define our own way?  We ask for Jesus to tell us the way, he responds, and we say..uhmmm let me think about it.  
Sometimes I think all of our efforts that we pour into religion and theology are an attempt to build a different path. 
Just like the verse above, the way is simple, doesn't require a lot of research or indepth probing to understand.   But like so much of what I read in the Bible, Faith is the key here, faith to believe the words of Jesus.  Where the research and probing comes into play isn't into the words of Jesus, but into our own hearts. Do we have the heart to turn away from false beliefs and teachings, and turn to Jesus?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment