DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

John 9 - Randy

My take away from reading this chapter is that we all, as individuals, make a decision of accepting or rejecting Jesus.
There is no room for the "middle" or "I have to hear more", we all have had the opportunity to hear the Message,  there is no need for more evidence, research, etc.  
I don't mean that we stop trying to tell people about Jesus, or that we force a permanent acceptance or rejection decision.  But, I think the message is that we have all the evidence we need, we have all the data we need, more evidence or data will not provide an answer, its down to acceptance. 
I also think for people like me, we need to remind ourselves daily (if not constantly) that we have made this decision and we need to live up to a standard that reflects our acceptance (this isn't easy).  As for me, I think I need to focus more on the "doing" of God's teaching versus the don'ts.  I feel like if I did all the "DOs" then there would not be room in my life for me to do the "Do Nots".

No comments:

Post a Comment