DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, November 21, 2016

John 14 - Nathanael

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 
John 14:6
Important messages:
1)Jesus is the one and only way to eternal life and to knowing God

And what goes with this is John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them
2) No one can be saved on their own but it takes God beginning that work in their heart to draw them to Jesus.

Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."  
John 14:21
It is easy to say that we love Jesus. According to Jesus, the proof of that statement is in obedience. If you want Jesus to show himself to you then obey him.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 
John 14:26
Thank you Father for sending your Holy Spirit and thank you Spirit for coming to teach and remind us of what Jesus said!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:‬27 NIV
Peace is something we need and long for. Jesus brings a peace beyond our understanding or our expectations! Then he tells us - commands us really- to not let our hearts be troubled. So we are to stop the troubled feeling when it starts to come. We can only do that when we recognize that we have a good God who loves us, knows what is best, knows the future and is working for our good. Then we can rest in him and put our trust in him.
Holy Spirit remind and teach us. Come and comfort and give rest to our souls!
http://bible.com/111/jhn.14.6-27.NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment