DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

John 16 - Randy

Verse 33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

We all want peace, joy, security, love, prosperity, etc..  The list goes on, what seems like forever. 
But, "In this world you will have trouble".  We work so hard, try so many things, and torture ourselves and those around us, seeking, what is in essence, peace. In fact, I know I'm guilty of turning away from God, all in an effort to find...peace.
I think this is another case where God gives us the answer, the roadmap, to what we are looking for, but we are just so stubborn. Or maybe its our pride, we want "do it our way", our way always turns out to seem foolish,  in the end.
I am only speaking for myself here, I think I need to look more (exclusively) to God, and quit looking at all the things in the world, if I want to find peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment