DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Acts 19 through 23 - Jason

Paul is hearing from many prophets as he is returning to Jerusalem from his 2nd missionary journey, and they all tell him that the Holy Spirit is warning that he will be bound and imprisoned in Jerusalem by the Jews. The prophets in turn urge Paul not to go, but he knows that it is better for him to go back and be ready for these things that God said would happen. This reminds me of Jesus going to Jerusalem as part of his ministry path even though he knew that he would be mostly rejected there and crucified--he also knew that he would rise again and this would be the most important achievement of his ministry. Paul followed God's plan for his life even when it included suffering and pain and earthly humiliation. Lord God, please help me to follow you no matter what the cost. Please open my ears to hear from you and my eyes to see what you are leading me and my family to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment