DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Romans 1, 2 and 3 - Jason

The book of Romans has been very impactful to me. It teaches me that I am a sinner, and I am unrighteous, which is something that I don't automatically recognize or think about myself. It has a lot of hard-hitting truths from God's words about how I do not always honor God as the King or thank Him for everything I have, and this leads to a downward spiral of selfishness, and sinful thoughts and behaviors that I lose control over. Just because I go to church or behave in a "religious" way does not save me, and does not justify my actions. However, God does have a plan to save me and he loves me, but I am only justified and made righteous through faith in Jesus. I must trust in Jesus Christ with all my heart and only through Him can I be washed of my sins and be made new. Please help me Father to trust in Jesus Christ with all my heart, and not trust in myself or my "religious" actions. I cannot be saved by the Law because I do not keep the Law completely--I need to be saved through Jesus Christ and continuously submit and surrender to Him. Thank you Father God for your words and your mercy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment