DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Romans 7 - Nathanael

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.  
Romans 7:6
By following Jesus and being baptized we die to sin and can now live by the Spirit and serve God. 

Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.  
Romans 7:13
The law shows us what is wrong and convicts us so we know that we are sinful and in need of a savior. 

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 
Romans 7:15
Though we have good intentions, we cannot fulfill them without God's help. 

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 
Romans 7:18
 It is impossible for us to live righteous lives on our own strength. 

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! 
Romans 7:24‭-‬25 NIV
The  good news is that Jesus can deliver us from this horrible state of being a slave to sin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment