DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Romans 5 and 6 - Jason

Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. Romans 5:18 
I love this passage comparing the sin of Adam to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. As death and consequences came into the world and into our lives through the one sin of Adam, in the same way eternal life and blessing have come into the world again through the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Romans 6:22-23 
I love this passage too explaining how when we sin we are choosing to serving the world, the flesh or the devil as our master, and we do not get good fruit from this in the end. Compared to obeying God, we are choosing to serve Him, and we get great fruit from this decision and pathway including eternal life, peace with God, and joy in the Holy Spirit. 

Lord God, please help me to choose you every day and not let anything in this world or my fleshly desires or the temptations of the devil distract me from knowing your ways and following you with all my heart. I need you Lord, and thank you for your mercy and love for me and everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment