DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Romans 4 - Jason

I love this chapter about Abraham, the father of faith. Actually, the Lord is the author of faith, and Abraham was a man who believed the words and promises of God even though he didn't know how it would happen or when. I love the way that Paul compares the way that Abraham believed the promise of God to the way the Lord wants us to believe in the gift of forgiveness that we have through the death and resurrection of Christ. Just as Abraham was not righteous because of his works, but he was counted as righteous because of his faith, so I am not righteous because of my actions but because of my faith in Jesus Christ. Lord God, I pray that you would give me faith in Christ and increase my faith. Please help me to have the faith in Christ that makes me like him and makes me willing to do "greater things" than Christ did. Please give me the Holy Spirit and faith to obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment