DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Exodus 31 - Nathanael

"Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord , who makes you holy.
Exodus 31:13 NIV

The people (and we) need rest. Good knew that they would not voluntarily rest from work so he made it a command. This practice would make them holy or set apart to the Lord. 
This is like psalm 23 where God, who is our shepherd, MAKES me lie down in green pastures. 

Thank you God that you love us and know what we need. I thank you that, like a loving parent, you make us do things that are good for us and that we need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment