DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Read Matthew 3- Angela Eisenstein



John the baptist recognizes the power of Jesus coming is higher than his own and humbly allowed himself to decrease to increase Jesus. It was like endorsing Jesus in front of the crowd.


John recognizes himself as no worthy. None of us is worthy of the sacrifice of God becoming flesh to bring salvation. In 3:11" He is mightier than I whose shoes I am not worthy to bear" I recognize my need to humble myself and allow the new generation of leader to increase while us, the older ones decrease.




John pointed out He did not need baptism. but when He did the heavens opened. In the old testament many names are given to the Messiah: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. In this passage when the heavens opened Jesus was called the Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased". For me is a lesson of Jesus' obedience to the Father in display.






1 comment: