DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Matthew 4 - Jason

Jesus went through a period of 40 days fasting and praying in the desert after he had been baptized, and this was preparation for him ministry work. I think that most people who are serving God in the church have not gone through a time a testing and temptation quite like this, but the Scripture says that we should be tested before we are allowed to serve as ministers to God's people. I am amazed by how fast everything seems to happen after Jesus' baptism--he became famous in the Galilee region for his preaching and amazing miracles. It must have been a great honor for the first disciples of Christ to follow him. It should be an honor for me and other disciples today to follow him as well. I think sometimes I don't always feel that way or recognize that. I should be able to leave my job and family members for the sake of knowing Jesus and serving him because of his exceeding greatness and the eternal kingdom of God. I want to continue listening to God leading and go where he tells me and do as he leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment