DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Matthew 3 - Jason

I was touched by John's preaching when he said, "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." I think that John had a very humble view of himself compared to the greatness of Christ, even though Jesus came in a very gentle and meek way. John understood that Jesus was God coming to earth as a man. I also like this description that the Lord will baptize us with the Holy Spirit and fire. I'm not sure I understand what that means, but spiritually it must be more significant than a water baptism. I know that I have experienced being filled with the Holy Spirit before, but have I been baptized "with the Holy Spirit and fire"? I will pray and ask God about this too.

1 comment: