DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Matthew Chapters 1-4

In Chapter 1 What stood out to me was that both Mary and Joseph believe the angel of God.  It must of been a really powerful dream that after Joseph woke up he obey what the angel had told him.  Chapter 2 Again Joseph had a dream where the angel of the Lord appears to him and Joseph gets up and obeys.  It shows me when God is speaking He gives us the power to believe and obey.  It also shows God speaking in dreams.  It shows me that both Mary and Joseph loved the Lord because they both gave their lives to Him to use and direct in a time where Mary would have been stoned to death for being pregnant and Joseph would have lost his reputation.  Chapter 3 John the Baptist a man who walked around in a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt and eating locusts and wild honey. I'm sure he stood out a little.  It shows me not to be too quick to judge someone if they are different from me, because they might be working for God. But to judge what a person has to say and find out if the message is from God or not.  The baptizing of Jesus, it makes me see that God has a way or order of doing things and that he is teaching us how He wants us to follow Jesus' example.  John the Baptist was calling for repentance and baptizing the people or washing them from their sins.  It's a fresh clean start.  Chapter 4 It shows me that even if I'm trying to pray and ask the Lord for help and direction or fix something for me that the devil is right there to stop and get in the way or try to pull us away in another direction then what God wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment