DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

2 Timothy 3 - Nathanael- persecution

Most of us run from pain and many run from conflict and yet Jesus promised that we would have persecution if we follow him. Paul says it like this to Timothy:
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted
2 Timothy 3:12‭ NIV
http://bible.com/111/2ti.3.12.NIV

Here is where a conflict of interest comes. On the one hand we want to be godly and follow Jesus, but on the other we run away from the thought of persecution. So what should we do?
Lord help me to want you so much that I don't care if I am persecuted and that I can rejoice when I am persecuted!

No comments:

Post a Comment