DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Phillipians Chapters 1-4 Debbie

In Chapter 1:6  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.  It gives me hope that God will complete what he has started in me.  I like to use this chapter for my own prayer to let my life be worthy of the Lord and ask the Lord to make me ready for what he has for me, "For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake..."  In Chapter 2 the verses that spoke to me was sharing what the Lord has done for you: encouragement, comfort, love affection and sympathy.  Also to look not only to my own interests, but the interest of others. And in vs.12...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." that encourages me that it's an ongoing relationship and to keep changing the things that would come between Christ and me.

In Chapter 3:7  When I read this verse it helped me to know that if we give up for Christ it's not a mistake, or a loss. We gave it up because we believed that it's what the Lord wanted us to do.  Having the Lord is worth more than anything else.  This verse gave me peace.

In Chapter 4 the verse that stood out was the one we sometimes sing.  vs. 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard  your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I've been quoting this verse to myself a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment