DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

John 15 and 16 - Jason

John 15:5 - I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
I need to keep reading and praying and devoting myself to God, cultivating a deep relationship with Him, because only then can I be successful in the purpose that God has given me.

John 16:7 - Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you.
I wonder if the disciples wanted both--to have Jesus physically present with them as their King and to be filled with the Holy Spirit, who is the Helper. Jesus said that it is better to have his Holy Spirit with us than to have Jesus with us physically. This is an amazing truth! Lord God, please fill me with your Spirit and let me experience the benefits of knowing You through the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment