DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

John 5 and 6 - Jason

I liked in Chapter 5 how John points out that Jesus was consistently claiming to be God because he addressed God as his personal Father, and this was understood by all around him that he was claiming to be the unique Son of God--"making himself equal with God." (John 5:18) Jesus clearly claimed to be God, and I believe his words. I want my faith to grow and I want to trust in God for my daily needs in every situation more and more.

I loved in Chapter 6 how Jesus fed the five thousand and then withdrew so that the people could not find him. They continued looking for him, and when they found him they wanted him to produce more bread for them (verse 30-31). Jesus said that he is the bread of life, and we need to eat what he provides and we will never hunger or thirst. I pray that I will receive everything that the Lord has for me, and I will have peace and satisfaction for the rest of my life. Being in a good relationship with God is so deeply satisfying that I don't know how I could have lived without him. I want to grow closer and closer and trust in him all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment