DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, June 2, 2017

Luke 23 and 24 - Jason

I'm always touched in Luke's gospel how he describes the thieves that were crucified next to Jesus and their interactions with the Lord. I'm not sure what crimes they committed, but they were probably hardened criminals, and one of them mocked Jesus while the other accepted his punishment and had faith in Jesus. I'm touched by the faith that the other thief had, and Jesus had mercy on him even at the end of his life when he expressed his faith in Christ. Jesus has amazing patience and mercy, thank you Lord!

I also am touched by how Jesus met some disciples on the road to Emmaus after he had risen from the dead. Somehow they did not recognize him, but he spoke to them about how all the prophecies and words of the Scriptures were about Christ and how he would suffer and rise again on the third day in his glory. They said that their hearts burned within them as he spoke to them on the road, but they did not recognize him as Jesus until he ate with them and broke the bread with them. I pray that my heart will always burn to hear the words the words of Jesus, and that I would do what I can to meet with Him and have close fellowship with Him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment