DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

1 Corinthians 9 - Nathanael

Paul has a clear focus on his life: namely to make Jesus known - to proclaim the good news about Jesus! 
Everything he did was measured through this filter and his actions were clearly focused by this. 

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 
1 Corinthians 9:22
Paul's practice was to become - in external ways - like those he spoke to so that they could hear his message and not get distracted by the externals. 

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 
1 Corinthians 9:24
No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:‬27 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment