DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Romans 16 - Jason

I was interested to see all the people that are named by Paul and the things he says about them. He mentions people who were the first believers in different regions, and people who are beloved in the church. He sends greetings to people who are approved in Christ, workers in the church, and people who have supported his ministry. It is a blessing to see many people involved in the work of God, and they are being recognized and greeted by Paul.

"I appeal to you, brothers,to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive." Romans 16:17-18
I think it's good to remember that I should be careful not to be one who causes divisions and obstacles for people that are different from what the Lord says in Scripture. I should also be careful to not spend time with people who are distorting the word of God and trying to gain followers by smooth talk and flattery. Lord God, please help me to be a part of your body of believers that encourages others and helps them with various needs. I want to serve you, Lord, and I want to live a manner that is worthy of your calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment