DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Romans 11 and 12 - Jason

"They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you." Romans 11:20-21
I think it's important to recognize from the Old Testament that when the Israelites were unfaithful to God they were punished with increasing intensity until they repented and sometimes there were long consequences for their sin which was designed to reconcile them to God. If we are unbelieving, then we can expect that we will not remain in covenant relationship with God. It is not right for me to expect that God will not punish me or I will not have consequences when I sin. God wants me to be with him, and He will not let me go unless I consistently reject Him and His ways.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2
I do not want to be like the people and nations I have seen in the world because they do not achieve what God wants us to have. He has the best plans and his will is perfect. I want to find and do what God wants me to do, but I need to be transformed in my mind and not allow myself to be conformed to this world. I need to test and pray to discern what it is that God wants me to do. Thank you Lord for your word and your love for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment