DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Romans 13, 14, and 15 - Jason

"Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment." Romans 13:2
It is good to remember that even the unholy rulers and authorities in the world are under God and the Lord allows them to be in power. They have power to bring fear to evildoers, and if there are evil governments in the world, sometimes the Lord still uses them to accomplish his purposes, and sometimes the Lord uses other forces to bring them low.

"Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother." Romans 14:13
I think that I tend to have negative judgments of Christians who do certain things that I disagree with, but I need to be careful to take note of whether or not what they are doing is openly violating a principle of Scripture or not. If not, then I should not quarrel with them, and I need to be careful how I raise objections so that it is appropriate and not just starting fights in the body of Christ. I want to be careful not to have anything or do anything that is a hindrance to my brothers and sisters in Christ--Lord God, please give me wisdom in how to do this.

"Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me."" Romans 15:2-3
I think it is important to remember that in Christ I am a servant of anyone and everyone around me. I do not want to live for myself, but I want to live for God and fulfill what God calls me to do. I want to take care of my family, yes, as an example to them of love and service, but we want to also love and serve other, not just ourselves. Lord God, please give me wisdom to do what you want me to do in serving others.

No comments:

Post a Comment