DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Luke Chapter 2 - Hanjun

Jesus, who is God and the creator of the universe, was born in a manger when he came to earth as a flesh. This makes me think about my vanity, including comparing with others about family backgrounds (noble or ordinary), education backgrounds (Chinese or US), research ability (higher impact or lower impact), and even the evangelical skills (mature or immature). God gives me my gifts, which is unique, and he wants me to use these gifts for his kingdom and fulfill his purpose destined for me, and not compare with others. 

Verse 49 also stands out to me (ESV, English Standard Version): And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house (or about my Father's business)?" In my daily life, at home, work, and other places, I need to think about God's business, and seek what He wants me to do or say in every moment, where the true joy comes from. I know it is hard to be in God's business every moment, but I can ask for his help.


No comments:

Post a Comment