DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Luke Chapter 2 - Nathanael

Verse 1: In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered.

As I was reading this, it struck me that God was the one who prompted Caesar to issue this decree.  God had a plan, and that plan involved having this young couple who lived in Nazareth travel down to Bethlehem for Jesus to be born there.
God is in control of everything, even the pagan leader of the Roman empire who doesn't follow or believe in the true and only God.
I've experienced this at various time in my life such as when God had me hired by a company in an impossible situation.

Often I/we get our eyes off of God and focus on the problem we face and the people involved in the situation and things can seem impossible.  But God has a plan for the whole universe and specifically for each one of our lives (Eph 2:10, Jer 29:11) and his plans will be accomplished!  I/we just need to keep our eyes on Jesus, seek him and follow him and he will take care of the details when we entrust our lives to him.

God, help me to remember that you control and can change all things - even the heart of a pagan government leader.  Nothing is too hard for you!  I thank you that you love us.  Help us to entrust to you and give to you all of our lives, hopes, dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment