DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Luke Chapter 3 - Hanjun

Verse 8, "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance", stands out to me. This means repenting of sins to God and getting saved is important and the first step, so my sins can be forgiven and I could have personal relationship with God. But it would be not enough, I need to grow and help others know our Savior the Lord Jesus. 

When I read the genealogy of Jesus, I think about this question, "How many years have human beings been on the earth?" There are 75 generations from Adam to Jesus, so it would be between 7,500 and 75,000 based on Bible.  But some other resources say, "It is about six millions years". The difference is so huge that it would be worthy and interesting to do some further research about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment