DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Luke Chapter 9 - Hanjun

In verses 1 and 2, Jesus gave his twelve disciples power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases. I believe today Jesus still gives his followers power and authority to drive out demons, heal the sick, and more importantly, preach the gospel of salvation. In most times, I don't recognize the power and authority that Jesus gives to me, and feel not confident in praying for myself and the people around me for healing the physical and emotional sickness, 
but rely on medicine or doctor. Medicine and doctor are good, but relying on them is not God's will. God is the ultimate and true healer for all the problems, since he is the creator. I pray the Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit help me to recognize and use the power and authority for the people who need salvation and healing.  

I also like God's words in verse 48, "For he who is least among you all - he is the greatest". This totally contradicts with the world's rule, and reminds me what God loves. 

When the Samaritans did not welcome Jesus, James and John felt angry and wanted to burn them, but Jesus rebuked his disciples. I remember it made me dissatisfied or angry when I preached the 
gospel to the people but they refused or even said  some opposing words. I pray the Lord help me accept the refusal and opposing words with patient and kindness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment