DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Luke Chapter 2- Randy

Verse 10:  But the angel said to them. "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."
Verse 30-32: "For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: a light of revelation for the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel."

So why did it take everyone so long to catch on that Jesus was for all people?  Here we see this proclaimed at his birth, by angels and prophets,  that Jesus was for all people.  If I understand what I read in the Bible, this was an open issue well after the death and resurrection of Jesus.  So, Jesus being available to the Gentiles was not some after-thought that came about as some type of membership drive (which is how I have heard it explained at times)- it was in the plans all along.
I wonder how many things have been clearly spelled out for me, about Jesus, about how to be a Christian,and I have simply overlooked and/or missed them somehow?  If it happened with the first followers and disciples (after all they had "front row seats"), I am sure I have overlooked even more basic principles. 
I wonder how many of the issues that the church seems divided over today, are already addressed clearly in God's word, we just don't want to acknowledge/face-the-music, or we aren't willing to search deeply enough to see the answers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment