DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Re: Luke Chapter 5 - Hanjun

Verse 8: when Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!" Confessing the sinful nature of ourselves is the first step to get salvation. Then Jesus accepted Peter, forgave his sins, and discipled him to be a great worker of God even though Peter sometimes lacked faith during his growth in Christ. 

I also like Peter's response when Jesus asked him to put out into deep water and let down the nets for a catch, "But because you say so, I will let down the nets". Peter didn't fully understand why Jesus asked him to do something that sounds waste of time, but he still obeyed "Master" and took action. Sometimes, I need to move forward when God calls me to do something, especially when I am afraid of loosing some time and money or facing oppositions from others.



No comments:

Post a Comment