DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Luke 13 - Jason

This passage when Jesus speaks about people who died in unusual circumstances reminds me of my need to repent and not feel too secure each day in myself. I need God's help and I need his mercy. I do not know when or how my life will end and I will meet the Lord. Jesus is also merciful to heal people at any time and he is not concerned with whether people want him to do it on the Sabbath or not. Jesus taught them that we need to do good on the Sabbath, not just do nothing. Jesus said in verse 24, "strive to enter through the narrow door." It is not necessarily easy to enter the kingdom of God, although anyone can do it if they trust in the Lord and believe in Jesus to save them as they repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment