DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Luke 7 - Nathanael

When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."   
Luke 7:13
Here is an example where no one asked for help, but Jesus felt compassion and "his heart went out to her."

he sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?"  
Luke 7:19
This would be a hard situation for John. He probably thought "if you are the messiah, why am i still here in prison? "
God's plans don't always align with ours. 
Jesus, help me to keep my eyes on you and my faith in you even when i don't understand what you are doing! 


Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."
Luke 7:‬47 NIV
The Pharisee needed forgiveness in a great amount as well but he didn't recognize his need. 
Jesus, keep me humble and enable me to always see my great need for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment