DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Luke 7, 8 and 9 - Jason

I was able to catch back up with reading today. Jesus said, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me For he who is least among you all is the one who is great." I wonder what he meant by that sometimes as I read. I understand being competitive and wanting to be the best at whatever we do, but Jesus said that we should be the least in order to be the greatest. What does it mean to be the least? Is it like the child who trusts in God completely and does not try to do things in his own strength? Is it taking care of others and counting them as more important than oneself? I want to learn more about what this means.

No comments:

Post a Comment