DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Mark 7 and 8 - Jason

I thought it was interesting how Jesus fed the five thousand with such a small amount of food and this was a huge miracle! God can do so much more than we ask or think! The disciples did not recognize what all had happened because their hearts were hard. I think sometimes my heart gets hard after working a long time and I want to rest. I need to remember to stop and look and pray ans see what all the Lord is doing.

And in Chapter 8 Jesus did the same miracle again feeding the four thousand men with seven loaves of bread and a few fish. He multiplied the food and there were so many leftovers! Still the disciples were worried when they got in the boat and had no food. Jesus had to reassure them that he was not upset about not having food, and they needed to trust him to provide. I also choose to trust God with all my needs and worries. Please help me Lord not let the burden of work overwhelm me or stress me out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment