DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Mark 14 - Jason

Even as it was getting close to the time that Jesus would be betrayed and murdered and then rise from the dead, Jesus knew what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. He told his disciples what would happen, but they either did not understand or did not believe that it would happen that way. Jesus had been proven true with all his other prophecies. Why would they doubt him now? I thought it was interesting that Jesus told Peter, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." How did Jesus know that Peter would do that? How did Peter not know that he would do that? I think it is not easy for us to know our own weaknesses in advance, but Jesus knows our weaknesses and he sympathizes with us. Peter wept bitterly after he had denied knowing the Lord to save himself, but then he felt terrible because he felt separated from God. Maybe he thought he would never get a chance to apologize to Christ in person. I want to always be ready to repent of my sin, and not think that I am too strong to fall. I want to do what I can to flee from evil and not go toward temptation, but I need to also be quick to recognize and take responsibility for my failures, and ask God for help and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment