DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Luke 3 - Jason

I love to read about John the Baptist and how he boldly preached the word of God in the wilderness. It is a miracle that people went out to see him and be baptized by him. Because if I heard about a wild man wearing a coarse garment and eating locusts in the desert and people were going out to him to be baptized, I would probably be skeptical too. But God was with John and blessed all of his ministry to prepare the people for Christ. I thought it was interesting that it said "all the people were baptized" which sounds like this was a huge movement in Judah even though it seems like they did not normally do water baptisms in their tradition. I want to be effective and used by God in the way that he wants to use me. I am blessed by the way that he used John to be a forerunner of Christ, and John was humble even though he was mighty in the Lord. John said, "the strap of his sandals I am not worthy to untie" when he spoke of the Messiah coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment