DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mark 9 and 10 - Jason

I thought it was interesting when Jesus returned and spoke with the man whose son had a demonic spirit oppressing him. It seems like the spirit was causing the boy to have seizures and fall into fire or water to kill him. The boy's father was asking Jesus' disciples to pray for his son, but he was not sure if they could help him. He asked Jesus for help too, but he was not sure if Jesus could help either. The Lord said, "If you can? Anything is possible for one who believes!" The man replied "I believe; help my unbelief." I also feel like its hard to believe that God will do something. Maybe if I haven't seen a particular healing before, I might doubt that he can do it, or I might doubt that it can happen through prayer and belief in God. I don't want to doubt, so I also need to pray, "Lord I believe; please help and take away my unbelief." Thank you God for your love and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment