DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Luke 21 - Nathanael

But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.  For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 
Luke 21:14‭-‬15
Two interesting points here: 1) a secret to proper behavior in difficult times is to make up your mind beforehand how you will behave 2) Jesus's instructions about this are unexpected and challenging: don't worry about how to defend yourself. I've found this top be quite helpful in various ways. Generally I have determined not to defend myself but key God take care of that - especially when it comes to my reputation. I have found it best to simply trust and obey God and let him defend my reputation. This allows me not to worry and I have found that God takes care of me! 

  "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap.
Luke 21:34 NIV
In these days, it us easy for our hearts to be weighed down with anxieties and for us to be distracted by the pleasures and comforts of this world and its entertainments. 
Lord Jesus, keep us from the love of the world! And help us to trust completely in you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment